What’s the difference between Hemp oil and CBD oil?
Hemp oil has little to no CBD content. It is made by cold-pressing the hemp seeds into an omega-rich culinary oil. Usually, hemp oil is found in topicals for skincare or hair care products. However, there are some companies claiming that their hemp oil products are giving health benefits similar to that of CBD oil.
So here are a few commonly asked questions about hemp oil.
1. Does Hemp oil make you sleepy?
2. What does hemp oil do for pain?
Ongoing investigations have demonstrated that cannabinoids have good anti-inflammatory properties. So long as the hemp oil advertised contains more than 5% CBD content, it will have some effect on any inflammation-based health problems. These include joint pain due to arthritis, rheumatoid joint inflammation, osteoarthritis amongst others. However, in general, hemp oil has no pain-relieving abilities.
3. Can you use hemp oil directly on skin?
Hemp oil can be used like coconut oil or other skincare products. It can provide immediate relief from irritation or dry patches of skin. Before using the oil, try a patch test to make sure you won’t get an unwanted reaction. Apply a small amount of pure hemp oil on a concentrated area of your skin and wait for 15-minutes to see how your skin reacts with it.
4. What are the main benefits of using hemp oil?
Hemp oil can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles as well as prevent signs of ageing skin from developing further. The linoleic acid and oleic acids found in hemp oil can’t be produced by the body but can play a crucial role in skin health and anti-ageing.
5. Is hemp oil safe for my pet?
Results remain anecdotal and have not been validated by peer-reviewed research. This is the very science that the veterinary community needs in order to discern the potential risks and benefits of hemp for dogs. However, some pet owners have reported benefits of hemp for dogs and cats, including treatment of pain, arthritis, seizures, anxiety, inappetence, cognitive dysfunction and other conditions.
If you want to use hemp oil topically on your pet, you can test a small amount to see if they have any side-effects and then decide if you wish to continue using it.
What is CBD oil?
CBD oil is an extract of the compound CBD from the Cannabis Sativa, also known as the Hemp plant. A full spectrum extract of a pure organic CBD oil will contain all of the plant’s terpenes and flavonoid properties which is where a lot of the medicinal benefits come from. In addition, cold-pressing extraction ensures that these compounds are extracted at a high level and aren’t “cooked” like other heat extract methods. A broad spectrum CBD oil will contain only the CBD compound and be very limited in flavonoid and terpenoid profiles.
1. What is CBD oil good for?
CBD is commonly used to address anxiety and insomnia. For people who suffer from insomnia, studies suggest that CBD may help with both falling asleep and staying asleep. Additionally, it may offer an option for treating different types of chronic pain . CBD Oil has also been anecdotally found to improve the healing of wounds when taken orally.
2. What are the side effects of CBD?
Though it’s often well-tolerated, CBD can cause side effects, such as a dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness and fatigue. CBD can also interact with other medications you’re taking, such as blood thinners. Another cause for concern is the unreliability of the purity and dosage of CBD in products. Ensure that you research the company that is supplying you with a CBD oil product. Call them up and ask them tough questions, you have to be sure they are who they say they are and are providing what they say they provide.
3. How long does it take for CBD oil to work for joint pain?
Usually, relief may be felt within 15 to 45 minutes. This can vary based on your weight and body’s metabolism.
4. What drugs should not be taken with CBD?
CBD can alter the effects of other drugs such as;
- common blood thinner, warfarin.
- a heart rhythm medication, amiodarone.
- a thyroid medication, levothyroxine.
- several medications for seizure, including clobazam, lamotrigine, and valproate.
5. Does CBD oil help sexually?
Some research studies have found that cannabinoids such as CBD and THC boost libido, while others have found they decrease it. One article in the Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics reported that chronic cannabis use in males lowered sex drive. The more they use, the lower their sex drive is. It depends on your body and to see what effects CBD oil has on you, it’s best you try it out for a few weeks.
6. Is CBD good to take every day?
It’s not only advised but for the best results, in most cases, you actually should take CBD on a daily basis. You can’t overdose on CBD, and it’s fat-soluble, which means it compounds in your body over time, adding to potential health benefits,
7. Can CBD oil help anxiety?
Although we don’t want to make any bold claims, CBD oil has been known to treat anxiety, depression, addiction and PTSD. If you would like to speak with a member of our team about taking CBD for your anxiety, you can get in contact with us either via email or telephone, and we can provide you with advice on this topic. We do not have a “sales” team and so we aren’t trying to force anyone to buy our products.
To find out more information, watch the following video.
- 10ml – 5% CBD content (500mg)
- 200 drops per bottle – 1 drop = 2.5mg CBD
- Perfect for anyone suffering from anxiety and wants better sleep. Typically you would want 20mg (8 drops) per day to get the relief you'd be looking for
- That works out at only £0.175 per drop and £1.40 per day (8 drops)
- 10ml – 10% CBD content (1000mg)
- 200 drops per bottle – 1 drop = 5mg CBD
- Perfect for anyone suffering from anxiety and wants better sleep and minor pains and aches. Typically you would want 50mg (10 drops) per day to can the relief you'd be looking for
- That works out at only £0.30 per drop and £3 per day (10 drops)
- 10ml – 20% CBD content (2000mg)
- 200 drops per bottle – 1 drop = 10.0mg CBD
- Targets mild pain and mild aches, insomnia-like symptoms and anxiety. Recommended dose 70mg (7 drops) per day
- That's only £0.45 per drop and only £3.15 per day (7 drops)
- 10ml = 40% CBD content (4000mg)
- 200 drops per bottle: 1 drop = 20.0mg CBD
- Targets strong pain symptoms, strong insomnia-like symptoms and anxiety, as well as assist post-operational treatment and cancer-like symptoms based on 100mg (5 drops) daily dose.
- That's only £0.70 per drop and only £3.50 per day (5 drops)
All of our CBD oil products are manufactured in Switzerland according to Bio-Suisse guidelines and are produced without pesticides and non-GMO seeds. The taste is smooth, pure and natural.
Full Spectrum Organic Cannabis extract containing all of the plant's active ingredients.
100% Organic | 100% Vegan | 100% Gluten Free
References and further reading